PCCA is aware that unauthorized individuals are posting jobs using PCCA’s name on several job boards without our consent. They are also sending emails claiming to be hiring Customer Care Representatives. These individuals are not PCCA employees and are requesting prospective applicants to disclose personal information by conducting instant message or online chat interviews. This is not PCCA’s policy.
PCCA does not solicit for work-from-home jobs and all interviews are conducted in person at PCCA’s offices. PCCA will never wire money for you to set up a home office. If you question the validity of any job posting, please contact our H.R. department at 806-763-8011.
Safety and Compliance Director
Office Location TBA
Reports to Vice President of H.R. & Administration
PCCA operates warehouses and offices at ten locations in Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and New Mexico. Our primary goal is to prevent work-related injuries and industrial accidents at all locations. The position is responsible for planning, implementing, and managing the Warehouse Division Safety Program to reduce or eliminate occupational injuries, illnesses, deaths and financial losses. The Safety and Compliance Director will work closely with PCCA’s Warehouse Safety Committee to develop and improve workplace safety and enforce all safety policies of PCCA, requirements by our Workers Compensation policy and Occupational Health and Safety (OHSA) guidelines.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Organize and lead monthly Safety Committee meetings, make recommendations to the committee, maintain all records, record minutes, prepare educational material, and support for the Committee.
- Oversee compliance with NFPA, OSHA, DOL and EPA regulations and any other governmental agencies related to fire prevention, safety and environmental issues.
- Travel to all warehouse facilities to inspect, identify and appraise conditions that could produce accidents and financial losses. Work closely with plant managers to implement safety procedures and identify safety violations. Ensure compliance reporting and review corrective action implementation.
- Coordinate independent, third-party inspections of all plants on a regular schedule as well as other DOL or OSCHON type inspections. Review findings with Vice President of Warehouse Division, Director of Warehouse Operations, and the Vice President of H.R. & Administration. If recommendations are made, assist plant managers in creating a plan to implement such recommendations and correct violations in a timely manner.
- Manage employee safety training to ensure PCCA’s compliance with the requirements of insurance carriers, and state/federal regulators. Ensure all completed training sessions have been loaded into the H.R. tracking system.
- Prepare and present reports on all employee accidents and incidents to the Director of Warehouse Operations and Vice President of H.R. & Administration. Ensure timely and accurate reporting of accidents to Workers Compensation carrier.
- Ensure timely and accurate testing of fire safety systems. Verify the accuracy of the tests and report results to Director of Warehouse Operations and Vice President of H.R. & Administration.
- Evaluates technical and scientific publications concerned with safety management and participates in activities of related professional organizations to stay up-to-date with the knowledge of safety program developments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 5 years of experience as a Safety Coordinator or similar role
- Strong knowledge of laws, regulations, and procedures
- Experience with writing policies and procedure for health and safety
- Solid data analysis skills and statistics reporting
- Knowledge of safety management information systems
- The ability to organize and lead others toward safety goals
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
Education and/or Experience
- A bachelor’s degree related to industrial safety and compliance or a commensurate amount of experience along with practicable experience in the field of safety and compliance is required.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals and policies. Ability to effectively present information, communicate and respond to questions from managers, supervisors, and hourly employees.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license or have the ability to obtain one prior to employment.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to effectively utilize telephone, cell phone, email, scanner and copy machine, personal computer, calculators and typewriters. Ability to work in Excel and Word is essential.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
If you are interested in interviewing for a position, please complete this online employment application or contact PCCA’s Human Resources Department at 806-763-8011.