PCCA is aware that unauthorized individuals are posting jobs using PCCA’s name on several job boards without our consent. They are also sending emails claiming to be hiring Customer Care Representatives. These individuals are not PCCA employees and are requesting prospective applicants to disclose personal information by conducting instant message or online chat interviews. This is not PCCA’s policy.
PCCA does not solicit for work-from-home jobs and all interviews are conducted in person at PCCA’s offices. PCCA will never wire money for you to set up a home office. If you question the validity of any job posting, please contact our H.R. department at 806-763-8011.
If you are interested in interviewing for a position, please complete this online employment application or contact PCCA’s Human Resources Department at 806-763-8011.
Cotton Services Specialist
To assist in maintaining and enhancing the functions and objectives of the Cotton Services Department of Plains Cotton Cooperative Association. The position includes the responsibility of supporting and communicating PCCA’s services to its members and their local cooperatives. This position will be heavily involved in assisting our cooperative gin customers and members with the proper and efficient use of PCCA’s Gin Services, Member Access, cotton invoicing, and PCCA patronage systems.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Ag related studies). Applicants with related work experience will also be considered
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills, along with practical analytical and problem-solving skills
- Some travel is required
- Assist in the processing of cotton payments and training coop gin personnel in the use of PCCA’s Gin Services software
- Assist in the marketing of cotton, including documentation, eligibility, liens, scale tickets, and invoicing
- Assist membership and gin personnel with all PCCA coop patronage issues
- Assist membership and gin personnel with PCCA’s Member Access System
- Support and maintain Gin Services programs
- Assist gin personnel with PCCA contract and agreement documentation
- Proper reporting to USDA, IRS and state agencies
- Assist in initial marketing of cotton through Module Tracking and Scale Ticket operations
- Actively promote PCCA and the cooperative system and be knowledgeable with all aspects of PCCA’s history and current operations
Department: Office at individual plants
Reports to: Director of Warehouse Operations
Directly manages receiving, storage, shipping activities, and grounds maintenance at their Plant to ensure maximum utilization of resources and the professional appearance of the plant.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Directly responsible for receiving, missing receiving, shipping, gin requests, sample orders etc.
- Directly responsible for maintaining the warehouse, grounds, equipment and stock (bale condition).
- Direct responsibility for fire sprinkler maintenance and corresponding documentation in cooperation with the Director of Warehouse Operations
- Direct responsibility for safety compliance and corresponding documentation in cooperation with the Director of Warehouse Operations and Safety Coordinator.
- Must be able to perform all of the duties being supervised and will spend approximately 80% of their time on the plant actively participating in operations.
- Coordinate with Director of Warehouse Operations for all major repair and capital expenditure requests for plant and property.
- Coordinate with Director of Warehouse Operations and Regional Shop Supervisor on equipment maintenance, repairs and capital expenditure requests.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily upon completion of all required training. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
This position requires a high school diploma or the equivalent. Management or Supervisory experience preferred, but each individual will be considered based on any work experience, educational degrees or certifications, and references that indicate management potential.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Ability to effectively communicate verbally, write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must possess a valid state driver’s license or have the ability to obtain one prior to employment. All other certifications will be provided through PCCA-Warehouse as deemed necessary by management.
Other Skills and Abilities
Must be able to effectively communicate using phone, email, and fax. Must have basic knowledge in the operation and functions of copy machines, computers, laptops, I-pads, calculators, and the Internet. Must be able to submit reports and present thoughts and ideas using MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint or demonstrate adequate skills in the 90-Day Probationary Period upon in-house or third party training provided by PCCA.
To assist in the preparation of all documents associated with invoicing and exporting cotton for PCCA’s foreign sales. The position’s primary responsibility is to make certain that all requirements are met when preparing export documentation to further ensure PCCA is paid promptly. The position will also be expected to assist in other areas of the Traffic and Invoicing Department as needed to facilitate the shipping and payment for cotton sold to our customers both foreign and domestic.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in agriculture or business-related fields is preferred. Applicants with prior work experience and degrees in other fields will be considered.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word programs.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to manage time and multiple projects efficiently.
- Enter and update data in PCCA’s Invoicing and Merchant Services Systems.
- Follow instructions set out by the letter of credit or document guidelines when preparing export invoicing documents.
- Work closely with the Documentation Manager and other Documentation Specialists when preparing and examining documents required for export of our member/owners’ cotton.
- Maintain sales and invoicing files.
- Communicate regularly with foreign banks, U.S. banks, foreign sales agents, warehouses, USDA offices, ocean carriers, trucking companies, and other departments and divisions of PCCA.
- Assist where needed in the daily activities of the Traffic and Invoicing Department.